Plamena

Private hire license-outside London

Good evening.My husband wants to become a Uber driver.

First,I want to apologize for my english and my grammatical errors.

I read all the information about the Private hire license and I'm very confused,to be honest.

Please,tell me what he has to expect on the test?

Could you please tell me what's the "route part"?Is it the main premises like Hospitals,pubs,JPs,Shopping centre,stations?Or he needs to learn all the streets in our town?

Where we can find examples of the questionnaires?

We are not living in London,he needs license in Medway,Kent.

I read that if you have license in London you can't drive in another town,is that correct?

We are foreign.Does he need to do a English test as well?

Thank you very much in advance and I would appreciate all your help!

Uber don't accept Medway licences, so you will have to apply for a TfL (London) one, even though you live in Medway, it doesn't matter.

You should still be able to accept work in Medway, as the booking goes through Uber's London office, though I don't think there'll be much work there, you will have to drive towards central London, where most of the work is. However, there is still some work out in the suburbs, such as Dartford, Bexley, Sidcup, etc., so it may not be necessary to travel too far to get a first job of your shift. 

I have friends from Gravesend, they work in London without a problem, using A2 is pretty fast.

Apply in London for PCO licence and that it. topographical test and English test are mandatory !!!! it makes sense right? as you need to know where are you going and be able to understand the customers B) is not like transporting goods....he can apply for van courier delivery driver job for the beginning to accommodate with the city, Amazon is hiring non stop....