Vl@d

UBER STOPPED recruiting partners and halted on-boarding?

Hi,

i've just got this text from a number which i know is from UBER, they use it for advertising.

"UBER: Please note that we are currently not taking new partner drivers and on-boarding will remain shut until further notice. If you have signed up already,we'll keep  you updated once we've started accepting new partners again. Thanks for understanding. Team Uber."

Now, i'm waiting for my private hire license to be issued, have purchased on pcp a new car (approved by UBER) and well now this bombshell if it's true that means i spent over 300 pounds and got a new car for nothing? wtf?

anybody can confirm or deny? anybody been to their offices recently?

had  a finance for another car and was too small for the growing family anyway so traded in and got a bigger uber accepted car as well. so 2 birds one stone..but still would need uber to cover for the difference. they stopped taking new drivers for bham, london and some others..its not for all of the uk. no explanation as well from uber support.wonderful 

Yes anyone any ideas? I'm in the same boat. Just got my PCO and waiting. Trying to connect with other Private Hire Companies in the meantime. But has anyone got any clue when Uber will start recruiting again in London? And has thus happened before? If so how long did it last then?