Sterling

Good Deal for New E-Class?

27 minutes ago, anonymous said:

The problem with Eclass is that Uber doesn't accept drivers for Exec category so i am guessing the demand will not be high.

Any chance of this changing any time soon?

25 minutes ago, anonymous said:

£192/week is with VAT included? if yes then is a very good price indeed comparing with the price you pay for a Prius which is around £150/week VAT included

No that's also exl VAT. Including VAT it would be approx £230 pw.

On 4/13/2016 at 1:23 PM, Sterling said:

If you were offered a brand new E-Class that averaged out at £830 pm +VAT (£192 pw +VAT) over 3 years, would anyone be interested?

No.

I currently lease mine at £503.46 (incl. VAT) per month, on a 6+35 basis (equivalent to £573.39 incl. VAT per month).

I have also placed an order on the new model E-Class, which is going to be £653.00 (incl. VAT) per month, on a 3+35 basis (equivalent to £689,28 incl. VAT per month). 

On 4/13/2016 at 2:45 PM, Sterling said:

Any chance of this changing any time soon?

I understand, they're invited some existing X drivers who drive Exec cars to join the Exec platform. Probably those with high ratings and who've been driving for Uber for a long time, will be asked first. 

12 hours ago, LUED said:

No.

I currently lease mine at £503.46 (incl. VAT) per month, on a 6+35 basis (equivalent to £573.39 incl. VAT per month).

I have also placed an order on the new model E-Class, which is going to be £653.00 (incl. VAT) per month, on a 3+35 basis (equivalent to £689,28 incl. VAT per month). 

Lued, sorry but i dont understand, what does it mean "on 6+35 basis"

37 minutes ago, basescu said:

Lued, sorry but i dont understand, what does it mean "on 6+35 basis"

When you lease cars, the first monthly payment is usually a bigger payment than normal, in this case the first monthly payment is 6 times as normal, then there's 35 monthly payments after that (3 years). 

Therefore my first monthly payment was £3020.76 (£503.46 x 6), then 35 monthly payments of £503.46. 

Which averages out at £573.39 per month. 

13 hours ago, LUED said:

Are there many conditions that come with that? e.g. Max amount of miles etc.

4 hours ago, LUED said:

When you lease cars, the first monthly payment is usually a bigger payment than normal, in this case the first monthly payment is 6 times as normal, then there's 35 monthly payments after that (3 years). 

Therefore my first monthly payment was £3020.76 (£503.46 x 6), then 35 monthly payments of £503.46. 

Which averages out at £573.39 per month. 

So you are paying 20k and what will happened after those 3 years, the car will be your or you just give it back?

WHat is the difference between lease and finance a car?sorry for being such a newbie but i just dont understand

Car is given back (Its worth £35k by the way).

Leasing is like a long term rental, usually 1 to 4 years, so the car is given back. Sometimes you can buy the car off the leasing company at the end of the term. 

Financing often means the car is yours once you finish the payments, sometimes a deposit is required and/or a lump sum is required at the end.