danthedriver

Arrive... Wait 5+ Minutes... Cancel Request (Rider No Show)... You are guaranteed to get a £4 fare

UberX is cheap. UberX is everyone's private driver. Tip is not necessary. Riders are spoiled already!

One day, I arrived and waited for a rider and he said to me, "Don't you know part of your job is waiting?". Thanks. I learnt it, in a unpleasant way. Here is how I deal with arrogant riders.

1 Upon arrival, make sure to press "ARRIVE" button. The 5-minute waiting starts to count.
2 If it's a gated community and rider does not tell you the gate code, just take it easy.
3 Text the rider you arrived and waited in the gate.
4 If they give you the gate code and do not give you the building number, that's fine.
5 Text the rider you entered the gate and waited in the gate.
6 If they give you the building number, drive there to pick up.

Time is ticking. 5 minutes will be over soon. If after 5 minutes, I still do not see them, I simply cancel the request and choose "rider no show" to get my £4 fare. The best part is the rider even cannot rate you for any request cancelled by either driver or rider. Also, this legitimate cancellation will not affect your accept rate.

Riders, you live in an apartment and pay your rent month by month. I live in a paid-off single family house and contribute my property council tax to city . You need to learn consideration and appreciation or you will stay in your small cage for the rest of your life. What makes you being so arrogant or proud of?

UberX is a on-demand service, not a on-command service!

Only begin the trip when rider gets in the car. It's just a £0.15/minute or £9/hour in the waiting charge. Give 5 minutes grace time to rider. After 5 minutes, cancel for "rider no show", get the legitimate cancel fee, and leave. The riders are worthless for us to wait for more than 5 minutes. Cheap riders are liars too. If you press "Begin Trip" and wait for more than 5 minutes, Uber will not pay you cancellation fee. Why? How can you press BEGIN TRIP even riders are not in your car yet. You are violating Uber's policy and Uber will not pay you cancellation fee because of this violation.

The rider's responsibilities are:
1 Give driver a correct and clear pin location or address or business name.
2 Get in car as fast as you can

Believe it or not. Uber  need driver more than driver needs them. Drive smart. Don't drive like a slave. You are your own boss.

No NO NO, as long i am there in the estimated time zone and the customer is not arriving in 5 minutes my job is done. NO SHOW and move on, no customer worth waiting more than 5 minutes....ah ok, if the customer is calling me and say i am sorry will be down in 5 minutes, then is a different situation! ( very rarely happening )