aln9

Aln

3 hours ago, aln9 said:

Hello, 

i am driving in the uk for the past 3 years with my european driver licence, my question is if i can drive with it as a uber driver or if i will change it into uk driver licence I’ll have to wait to gain experience?

Thanks !

You must hold a full DVLA, Northern Ireland, or other EEA state driving licence that's at least three years old.

It doesnt matter as long you're from EU.

In order to be licensed, you will need to meet the following criteria:

• You must be at least 21 years of age at the time of applying. There is no upper age limit, as long as you meet the other licensing requirements
  • You must hold a full DVLA, Northern Ireland, or other EEA state driving licence that's at least three years old
  • You must have the right to live and work in the UK
  • You must be of good character. To establish this you will be required to undertake an 'enhanced' criminal records check from DBS through our service provider - GBGroup
  • You must be medically fit which means meeting the DVLA Group 2 standards. In most cases, this will mean that you will have to undergo a medical examination with someone who has access to your full medical history
  • You will need to undertake a topographical skills assessment from an accredited assessment centre

You need to exchange it, send the current one along with some sort of ID like passport and then you will get the back the Uk version

You can drive in Great Britain on a full, valid driving licence from another EU country.

You can drive in Great Britain until you’re 70. If you’re 68 or over when you become resident, you can drive for 3 years.

After this time you must exchange your licence.

1. Order form D1 from the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA).

2. Send the form, the £43 fee and any documents you need (including your driving licence) to the address on the form.

3. You should get your new licence within 3 weeks.

You can only drive in Great Britain with a non-EU licence for 12 months after you arrive.

https://www.gov.uk/exchange-foreign-driving-licence