JPH82

Uber Liverpool group

After recently sitting my VRQ course to get my private hire license I decided to start a facebook group for uber drivers in the Liverpool/Merseyside area.

It quickly became apparent that although uber run these ignition courses people were still in the dark on some aspects. The fact you have to go the green light hub to speak to someone was also an issue. 

It's very early days and I hope that as people join the information on offer will increase yet in the mean time I will answer questions to the best of my ability.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/246606309086225/

They're support centres for uber drivers. Think we have four for Merseyside but not everyone will want to travel. No direct number so you always have to go to them if you have a question hence trying to get people together so the information is passed along quickly 

How is it going in Liverpool? As Uber is relatively new in Liverpool, I'm guessing earnings will be O.K. However, that was the case in Manchester. Once Uber get a real foothold, earnings will drastically reduce, leaving the whole of the private hire and taxi trade in Liverpool a complete mess. . . . It won't take long either.

30 minutes ago, JPH82 said:

Things seem fine at the moment over this side. I see your post on the other thread. 

What are the issues over in Manchester?

I've several friends in London that are doing just fine considering how many people are ubering down there 

Liverpool drivers will be O.K. for now. Uber was fine in Manchester also initially. Try it for a few nights in Manchester and see what Uber has done. It's a disaster.

You will be able to work in Manchester also. Once you get down the 62 and past Warrington, you will see in Manchester where it is surging etc. and will be able to do some jobs. You may have done that already?

Uber make it OK for drivers at first to attract drivers. Then when established they turn the screw. Bad news for Liverpool drivers. It shouldn't be legal what Uber are doing.