Roblaura

IPA Wolverhampton Saturday 21st January 17

Hi all,

Is anyone attending the Wolverhampton In Person Assessment (IPA) on Saturday 21st January and if so have you received any joining instructions or details from Uber? Worcestershire Council, who are administering the arrangement, are washing their hands of any commitment to provide written details although they did provide the location and time to attend. I would have expected to receive a confirmation of the booking and confirming details from Uber as promised at the time I arranged and paid for the assessment, however I understand from Worcestershire Council they have been experiencing some issues with their email server.

Unfortunately  I was not given an address for the location when I booked the appointment, or sent anything by email.  I only realised yesterday (20th Jan). By then it was too late to get to the office before 1pm or 5pm (not clear on the  closing time of the Birmingham office), because I work 9-5 in the week. My IPA  was scheduled for between 9am and 1pm today, so I contacted Uber help yesterday evening  (as soon as I left work), they replied around 11 today with  the location (too late), and now I'm awaiting the second reply. Wasted day, as I tried to find the place myself on Google, but ended up the Wolverhampton council plating office. Disappointing. 

I wanted to book myself in for an upcoming assessment but it states on the application page this test is only for people who have attended the Ignition session. I have not yet attended an ignition session because there doesn't seem to be any in the west midlands. Does anyone know of any other way of booking into an ignition session.

Also to the people who did attend the assessment. could you please give some information about how the day went?

thanks in advance

Hi mhshah,

Indeed that is correct, to book the IPA you will have to attend the initial Ignition Session  to engage in the Uber process. Unfortunately, Uber have temporarily suspended new applicants for the time being, so at this time you will not be offered the opportunity to attend an IPA until they commenced recruiting again. Regarding the IPA itself, it is extremely straightforward and an elementary exercise, if you have reasonable English writing and language skills you will have no difficulty, the session lasts 4 hours with a 28 question test at the end, there are no questions that are not covered on the course, so if you pay attention to the presentation and understand some of the terminology you will be fine.

Following the IPA you will attend the Uber office to process your licence application.

If I can be of any further help please do not hesitate to contact me, otherwise attend the Birmingham office whereupon you will find the Uber team extremely helpful and understanding.

Best of luck.