cardinal

Very bad days for LUX

All my mates who are driving for Lux have huge pressure because of Uber, they are making around £12/hour with some of them £70k cars, can you imagine. Well done for those who spent 4k for car and now are making close £1000 weekly, I am not sure what is the future and why uber lost so many clients from LUX, something happened and hopefully same thing will not be happening for EXEC although is very cost effective for majority of the customers B)

Many former Lux passengers, especially those who used Uber from when it was launched in London, now use Exec, with the exception of the mega-wealthy, but these are rare users, as they would have their own driver, or use a preferred chauffeur company, anyway. 

I would imagine most Lux drivers use Uber on the side, and have their own clients, and sub-contract from other chauffeur firms as well. 

If planning to work just for Uber, then, I agree you would earn more by doing basic X, putting the hours in (and previous experience/knowledge helps, too), and with some luck, you would earn more than an Exec/Lux driver, who may receive higher fares, but requests will probably not occur as often as X, and work would mainly be concentrated in town. As well as the typically higher maintenance and running costs of running an  Exec/Lux car, over an X car. 

Hence, the introduction, in my opinion, of having to have a rating of 4.85, over 1,000 trips on X, before you can get onto Exec/Lux.

Before, a few years back (me included), you were able to go straight onto Exec/Lux, by passing a simple multiple choice test.

Thankfully, a lot of those drivers with low ratings/standards would have left by now, leaving the better (ex X drivers, who are upgraded) drivers on Exec/Lux.