admin

Renting or buying??

My car is leased due to other PH work I've got.

• A new car every three years - you'll always have the latest model, especially in terms of fuel efficiency and legislation.
  • Anything goes wrong is fixed under warranty (which is unlikely anyway on a new car)
  • I can negotiate higher fares from potential customers/other companies due to a new car.
  • Maintenance costs are kept to a minimum, usually associated with higher mileage cars.
  • No wear and tear items need replacing during the first few months of ownership (main ones being tyres and brakes). 
  • Simply hand the car back at the end of the term - no need to deal with the hassle of trying to sell it.
  • Tax efficient - the entire cost, can be offset against your earnings for income tax. 
  • You'll have to replace your car every few years anyway (due to wear and tear, and/or ongoing legislation), so may as well get a new one every time. 

On Wednesday, July 20, 2016 at 5:38 PM, LUED said:

My car is leased due to other PH work I've got.

• A new car every three years - you'll always have the latest model, especially in terms of fuel efficiency and legislation.
  • Anything goes wrong is fixed under warranty (which is unlikely anyway on a new car)
  • I can negotiate higher fares from potential customers/other companies due to a new car.
  • Maintenance costs are kept to a minimum, usually associated with higher mileage cars.
  • No wear and tear items need replacing during the first few months of ownership (main ones being tyres and brakes). 
  • Simply hand the car back at the end of the term - no need to deal with the hassle of trying to sell it.
  • Tax efficient - the entire cost, can be offset against your earnings for income tax. 
  • You'll have to replace your car every few years anyway (due to wear and tear, and/or ongoing legislation), so may as well get a new one every time. 

Very good points. How much you pay per month? What is ur mileage limit?

9 hours ago, fullpower said:

And i am guessing if you negotiate the contract for around 20k a year the montly payment will drop as well right? maybe something in the region of £450

Correct, if you look here: 

http://www.lingscars.com/Mercedes/E-Class_Saloon_(2017)/2193524-2.0_CDi_16v_(194bhp)_E220d_SE_Saloon_4dr_1950cc-personal.html#models

20,000 miles a year is quoted at £426.54

On 26/10/2016 at 0:00 AM, LUED said:

Tesla Model S is accepted on UberX, or Uber Exec is it's 2014 or newer and you meet the Exec driver criteria.

No reason, why the smaller Tesla when it comes out, will also be accepted on UberX, too. 

Yes but in the same time:

"Tesla updated its semi-autonomous Autopilot fine print to ban vehicle owners from using their newly self-driving Tesla Model X to pick up a few fares for Uber or Lyft when the technology finally launches in a few years. "