OuterSpace

PCO car rental?

Hi! I'm considering to rent a car for the sole purpose of using it for Uber, and I've found there is a dozen companies offering PCO ready cars: Europcar, Enterprise, OttoCar, WeFlex, Openstart, etc. They all offer pretty much similar terms and prices, from the first glance. Has anyone actually rented a car from any of them? Any recommendations?

Hi there and welcome, I am sure someone will pop in and offer you a car.

You can find cars from £120/ week like Insignia or £150 for a Prius from different Uber drivers but without insurance.

If you select a big company ask for a price and make a comparison with what other drivers can offer you, mostly the big companies they will provide insurance as well, for something in the region of £220/week for a Prius with fully comprehensive insurance.

I will advise you to search for a lease car as you pay around £400 a month

On 31/10/2016 at 5:16 PM, danthedriver said:

Hi there and welcome, I am sure someone will pop in and offer you a car.

You can find cars from £120/ week like Insignia or £150 for a Prius from different Uber drivers but without insurance.

If you select a big company ask for a price and make a comparison with what other drivers can offer you, mostly the big companies they will provide insurance as well, for something in the region of £220/week for a Prius with fully comprehensive insurance.

I will advise you to search for a lease car as you pay around £400 a month

Had a terrible experience with Enterprise. They provided me with a car that wasn't fit for purpose and broke down on weekend. Had to wait till Monday to get a replacement. Their customer service sucks!

On 10/31/2016 at 2:45 PM, OuterSpace said:

Hi! I'm considering to rent a car for the sole purpose of using it for Uber, and I've found there is a dozen companies offering PCO ready cars: Europcar, Enterprise, OttoCar, WeFlex, Openstart, etc. They all offer pretty much similar terms and prices, from the first glance. Has anyone actually rented a car from any of them? Any recommendations?

Yes, I have used Europcar and Enterprise and PCO Rent.

Europecar was horrible in that, every time I went to their office, they were understaffed and would wait approx 3-4 hours after my appointment time before I could leave with a car.

Their cars had numerous problems and one they gave me was exceptionally dirty and had body work damage all over it.
I needed to work that night so I took it, but I took photos of everything before driving it away.

The car stank and it was horrible, like dried soup had exploded in the car. I returned it the next morning and cancelled the agreement.

They sent me an email trying to charge me for the damage. Thank god I took the photos. The office I dealt with didn't want to know as it was a different department that deals with damage, only when threatened with court action and geo-tagged meta-data in the photos as proof did they drop it without so much as an apology. I saw other people angry with them too in their office. I would never rent from them again.

Enterprise, they don't check or clean their cars over well, twice I had cars with low oil warning lights, car with slow puncture on collection, they promised to reimburse me for some of my loss of earnings. It never happened.
I don't trust these companies any more. PCO rent was one of the best for the Prius so far, but more expensive than the quotes on here. £250 ish.