fullpower

Uber cut rates!

Yes, you can take your own bookings (hence the idea of getting an operator's licence), but if it's ASAP bookings, they can only be accepted at the address/es shown on your operator's licence. 

Nevertheless, you can't just stand outside a club, and ask customers if they'd like a car, as this would be considered touting, which is illegal. 

Bookings have to be pre-booked, or further as what I said, the customer has to be come to an address shown on your operator's licence, where they can walk up and book you, and you can take them straight away. 

Experienced drivers make £4,000 a month anyway. 

During last December, Uber were doing a £4,000 guarantee, whereby if you meet their criteria and don't earn £4,000 during that month, they will top up your earnings in January to £4,000. Many UberX drivers who met and exceeded that criteria, earned more than the £4,000 anyway. 

Experienced drivers make £4,000 a month anyway. 

During last December, Uber were doing a £4,000 guarantee, whereby if you meet their criteria and don't earn £4,000 during that month, they will top up your earnings in January to £4,000. Many UberX drivers who met and exceeded that criteria, earned more than the £4,000 anyway. 

Yes, but what i am saying is , from those £4000 your profit is around £2000, less than 50% after commission increased

total                                       4000

uber commission         25%   -1000     before 20%  -800

petrol                                     -500

car wash                                -50

insurance                               -200

car value depreciation           -200

car parts  wearing                  -100

profit                                      £1950     before £2150

What do you say LUED???

Yes, but what i am saying is , from those £4000 your profit is around £2000, less than 50% after commission increased

total                                       4000

uber commission         25%   -1000     before 20%  -800

petrol                                     -500

car wash                                -50

insurance                               -200

car value depreciation           -200

car parts  wearing                  -100

profit                                      £1950     before £2150

What do you say LUED???

I totally agree with your math!!!

Loads of people dont take in consideration the car value depreciation and tyre wearing along with other parts!!

I totally agree with your math!!!

Loads of people dont take in consideration the car value depreciation and tyre wearing along with other parts!!

I think all of you forgot something very important!!!

Where is the monthly car payment , many of us i am sure they didn't pay for their cars with cash!!!

From those £2000 cardinal i will cut another £300 , so your profit will be around £1700 from £4000.....

OMG, say no more!!

Thank you guys this is great input, It's bang on.

I have recently done a comprehensive spreadsheet and indeed my cost of sale is between 48% - 50% as Uber X driver.

One point pls don't forget to deduct your tax after all your expenses from your Net profit. As a rule of thumb set aside upto a high 28% for the tax.

Keep safe Out there.

I suppose the figures are about right.

Though the only way to get a truly accurate figure is to do this job for a number of years, and work out the ratio between takings and the amount of profit you make - on which you are taxed on (less your personal allowance).