fullpower

Uber cut rates!

In order for Uber to grow, they will have to make the fares cheaper than the cost or running and owning a car for that journey.

Great for the passenger, but not sure how it's going to work out for the driver, who has the necessary expenses to pay, as well having to live.  :wacko:

fokin hell , this is outrageous for us and very miss leading for the customers, drop the prices , up the prices, wtf??? is this some kinda of carnival, i feel like a poppet now

SO doing a quick math, roughly for £1000/week i will lose another £50, that it £200/ month, £2400/ year, half of my car monthly payments. OUTRAGEOUS!!!!

With this news, drivers will lose interest and respect for Uber, no more water , candies, nice chat with customres because they will not feel motivated anymore, is just like any other cab company.

On the long term i am afraid this is not going to be ok, already i hear loads of bad stories from people using X, bad stories, those drivers dont care anymore about clients since prices went down.

Except some people who doesnt have any confidence in them and they think uber is the dream job, but obviously uber doesnt care about the experienced drivers who are generating a good image for UBER

I will try it for the next 4 weeks and check the difference, i can not work for uber anymore if i will lose money like this and on top of that WE HAVE TO PAY TAX as well.

I will get back to my local cab company, making the same money and no stress, no water, no fake smiles, no tax just cash based, no more city traffic.

I think many will do the same or maybe they already are doing it.

Even if newbies are still coming, uber will not survive with them, in the city you need experienced drivers, other wise you end up with a bad image

I want to see Uber competition!!!!!! we will see it v soon i think

I feel like a mug now, as I'm getting ready to lease a PCO car and Uber fees goes up. Wtf Uber.

Come on Lyft come to London and give Uber some competition.

Looks like Uber is not only upsetting the black taxis, Addison Lee etc.. And now it Looks like we the drivers are next on the list of getting pissed off.

Unfortunately There will always be drivers out there settling for penuts and allowing to be suckers to the Uber system.

Drivers you have to remember you are self employed and we are providing our service to Uber and not employed by Uber, therefore we have to be strong in front of them and be demanding. We can't do that as individual alone we have to have an association or union of Uber member drivers to act together.

Keep your heads up and stay positive.

Everybody is sad, i spoke with all my driver friends, they can not believe it, i remember in the beginning Uber used to make some meetings with drivers make us feel a real partner and now they just take the rug under our feet with not question asked!!!

Shame shame shame

But like someone said, availability is more important for them than the quality of the jobs

We all exec drivers should write and complain as I did!! The reply was cold predictable and dull, just a the usual copy/paste standard aswer from a big corporation which is only looking to big figures .

Earnings dropped a lot we run like a chicken with the head cut off looking for a job all over London not finding one for 3 hours! Soon we will take our expesive vehicles to auction and get rid of them.. soon....we will find ourselves back to the minicab office, end of the massive stress from customers and stupid rating system.One way or the other  will all burst of stress from customers , traffic, and lack of jobs in London.Do not forget the taxman!

Future is grey!

We all exec drivers should write and complain as I did!! 

No use complaining.

Only way to make money is to get yourself an operator's licence, and find the work yourself.

You can then charge what you see fit. Use Uber to fill in the quiet gaps you have around your own jobs.

Don't rely on Uber to make money, but just see it as a way of earning a little extra when you're quiet with your own work. 

No use complaining.

Only way to make money is to get yourself an operator's licence, and find the work yourself.

You can then charge what you see fit. Use Uber to fill in the quiet gaps you have around your own jobs.

Don't rely on Uber to make money, but just see it as a way of earning a little extra when you're quiet with your own work. 

how much is the operator license Lued??