Sobco

allowed cars in UBER

Hi, this is my first post on this forum :)

I have found this: https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.hipchat.com/17604/624431/Y7zQdJ2MhFNU81M/Approved%20list%2024122014-v2.pdf

Is this a FULL list of ALL accepted cars?

also, they wrote, that estate cars are not permitted, and everywhere on their website, they use term "saloon", just to make sure, do they accept hatchback body?(for example they talk about prius as about saloon, tough it seems to be an hatchback ;))

Thank you.

Exactly like Lued said , better to ask them for their confirmation befoire sign anything, good luck, hey guys is it true that the commission has increase for 25% for uber exec???

yes mate, i heard the same, although i never received the email but some others received it, dont know what to say, i will go with the flow for the moment.

Hi, this is my first post on this forum :)

I have found this: https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.hipchat.com/17604/624431/Y7zQdJ2MhFNU81M/Approved%20list%2024122014-v2.pdf

Is this a FULL list of ALL accepted cars?

also, they wrote, that estate cars are not permitted, and everywhere on their website, they use term "saloon", just to make sure, do they accept hatchback body?(for example they talk about prius as about saloon, tough it seems to be an hatchback ;))

Thank you.

Regarding cars, the list is accurate, but Lued is right, better check before feeling sorry, welcome to our community mate

Well the list was published in Dec 2014, and they do update the list every few months, consdering it's now April. They may possibly start deactivating "09" plate cars soon, and only cars 2010 or newer will be allowed on the platform. 

About the commission, yes it has increased to 25%, starting from next Monday, though passenger fares will also increase to reflect that. The e-mail is only sent to UberExec drivers. They say there shouldn't be much different to driver's pay anyway. 

Old                                         New
Base: £4.00                                 £4.00
Mile: £2.30                                   £2.40
Min: £0.25                                   £0.30
-20%                                            -25%
-------------------------------------------------
Tot: £5.240                                  £5.025

Minimum £10

We gone lose easy £50 /week, that is £200 month, just like you're paying for another car...woahahaha

Nice one Uber, i already applied for Splyt, see how it is.... :wacko::blink: :blink:

Thanks for all replies. I've sent a message to uber about cars, but without answer.

Ive created this topic, beacause when i go to add cars, there we have much more cars to choose than appears on the list i provided above, for example, there is no chevy cruze on the list from DEC 2014, but there is chevy cruze in add cars section.

Hi, i dont know why, but uber doesn't answer on emails.

Do you know if they accept mercedes e class w212 year 2010/2011 in Uber X?

on the list appears mercedes e class (old shape) >2009, but picture attached presents the <2009 model.

with e class 2010/2011 you can go directly to EXEC, although they dont recruit at the moment.

For UberX i will consider something like Vauxhall Insignia, you get a 2013 plate for around £9,000 very low mileage 

Got this reply from uber support, hope it helps others too

Michael (Uber)

Jul 19, 01:15

Hi Hasan,

Thanks for writing in.

At present, we haven’t yet confirmed any plans for 2009 vehicles so please do not worry. However, to provide clarity, I can tell you that we will allow 09 plates throughout 2015. We will of course let you and all our partners know well in advance of a change in any plans.

Many thanks for your continued partnership on the platform.

Best,

Michael
help.uber.com

I sent the email twice and got the exact same reply from two different people also, same wording like it was from a list of responses lol but at least gives some idea to anyone thinking of getting an 09 reg vehicle