fullpower

Would they have banned uber if its drivers had been white and british?

It's nothing to do with race whatsoever. If you want to imagine a racial element to this whole situation, then you'd say TFL are looking out for the mainly 'non-white' Uber drivers. 

If Uber were to continue in the UK unchallenged, then they'd continue turning the screw on drivers as they increase market share. Uber drivers need protecting from their own stupidity, and so do everyone else.

For me as an Uber driver, I have full sympathy for any Private Hire or Black Cab driver who has lost money and is struggling to pay their bills since Uber came to town. 

If anybody is racist, it is filthy Uber, who are treating their mainly 'non-white' drivers as complete mugs. It's modern day slavery. Working just to exist, zero rights, zero respect. The drivers are just treated as useful idiots.

It's amazing there's so many Uber drivers now that celebrate the fact that PH licence holders are now worse off than ever. Celebrating that fellow industry workers are struggling to make ends meet. 

Somebody above said "they still think England is an empire." No, the person who made this comment still thinks that way. Bowing down to colonial masters, working for nothing, having no rights. 

That working conditions and pay for drivers for hire have declined so much in this country, has been enabled by the availability of imported, subservient and unskilled workers from elsewhere. 

Unfortunately we are all paying the price.

If anybody wants to play the race card, I suggest you think about this: 

Action speaks louder than words: For those who come to this country and work in an industry where by your presence will mean fellow workers of a different race will be earning less money and all that entails, making life a struggle. Then who are the racists?