uberdriver

Hotel work on the side?

If you know the doormen, sometimes they remember you if you drop off at the same hotel regularly. 

However, they often got their own contacts anyway, as well as black taxi drivers, or they've already got a contract in place with a PH firm. 

Obviously if you go for it, you'd probably need an operator's licence, and maybe a facility to accept card payments. 

20 hours ago, LUED said:

If you know the doormen, sometimes they remember you if you drop off at the same hotel regularly. 

However, they often got their own contacts anyway, as well as black taxi drivers, or they've already got a contract in place with a PH firm. 

Obviously if you go for it, you'd probably need an operator's licence, and maybe a facility to accept card payments. 

I agree, is like a close circuit. I tried and obviously the answer was no thank you, recommendations is a must :huh:

On 15/07/2017 at 7:53 PM, LUED said:

IS very hard to impossible to get a pco operator licence these days :(

4 hours ago, skeptic said:

IS very hard to impossible to get a pco operator licence these days :(

Have you tried applying for one? Is so, when?

It may be hard if you have done now, or recently, as they're still undergoing the process of changing the fee and size structure. That's why they'v given Uber a temporary 4 month licence, until they sort it out.

I'm on my second operator's licence, and haven't had a problem applying for my first one, and at the renewal (which was a couple of years ago now).