george

TFL undercover agents everywhere !!! private jobs illegal

Dropping a friend on Brompton road  day time and 2 unerdover TFL agents kept me for 2 hours checking all my documents and why I dropped my friend and who was it.

Dont even think about it and risk your licence by using private customers, they are everywhere these days, better to book your job !!!

1 minute ago, george said:

Dropping a friend on Brompton road  day time and 2 unerdover TFL agents kept me for 2 hours checking all my documents and why I dropped my friend and who was it.

Dont even think about it and risk your licence by using private customers, they are everywhere these days, better to book your job !!!

And this is just the beginning :P more and more agents recruited by TFL, this is one of the reason they are increasing the fees for operator licence

Transport for London’s compliance officers are employed to inspect private hire drivers, vehicles, and private hire operators in London to ensure they comply with relevant legislation and regulations.

Car Documentation

Please have the following in the car at all times:

• Insurance Certificate
  • Insurance Vehicle Schedule (depending on insurers, the insurance certificate and vehicle schedule might be located on the same page)
  • Insurance Permission Letter (subject to PCO car rental company agreement)

Driver Documentation:

Please have the following in the car at all times:

• Driving Licence
  • PCO badge – To be worn around your neck at all times and not to be placed anywhere else (e.g on the vehicle)

Daily Car Checks:

• Tyre Tread – The law requires car tyres to have a minimum tread depth of 1.6mm in a continuous band around the central three quarters of the tyre
  • Lights – Check all your lights are working. You could park your car near a wall to check rear lights e.g. brake lights
  • Cleanliness – Make sure your car is clean at all times
  • Bodywork Damage – Please ensure there is no damage to your car and that it’s in a working order e.g rear window wiper is working, rear bumper damage

On 7/18/2017 at 1:51 AM, LUED said:

Never heard of having to have your driving licence with you for compliance checks.

I never carry mine since it's not a legal requirement to do so.

I've been stopped a few times now, and never been asked for my driving licence. 

I agree, but is better safe than sorry. They will take any chance to make you waist time , some even 2 hours. if youre not sure you can always record them with your phone;)