MancX

Uber drivers unpopular in Liverpool

What is it like for Liverpool Uber drivers working in Liverpool at the moment?

Are you having any run-ins with any local PH drivers (Delta etc) or Black Cab drivers? 

Many people who drive for hire as their livelihoods in Liverpool are keen to protect their earnings as Uber will be a disaster for them (a disaster for Uber drivers too in the long run.)

Many view Uber drivers as scabs, 2nd rate drivers, and basically: the enemy. In a way, you can't blame them for thinking that way.

So, is everything going ok?

8 hours ago, george said:

No is not, I was in Liverpool for a boxing game and after I requested an uber, guess what? the guy told me to sit in the front because of the taxi drivers, he was afraid .....this is way too much, way too much:(

That's the impression I have found myself when dropping off in Liverpool.

Black cab drivers and the local PH drivers are not happy with Uber and Uber drivers. They will be using intimidation tactics on Uber drivers. 

Liverpool is kind of a unique place, where there is a strong sense of identity and togetherness amongst local drivers. 

With Liverpool being one of the more recent places to get Uber, the drivers have had the chance to see what's happened elsewhere, seen far more out of town drivers coming into their city, seen the way Uber destroys the earnings of local drivers. They don't want any of it. Who can blame them?

I personally have done a few jobs there when dropping off, just to test working in another city. I would not do it again. I don't feel it is my business working somewhere unless I lived there. 

I don't think Liverpudlians who work with Uber are popular. Out of towners are certainly not.

17 hours ago, JPH82 said:

Things are fine over here. I know the hackneys get the hump about anyone non Liverpool licensed working here 

How do you, and other Uber drivers that you know, feel about 'out of town' Uber cars working in Liverpool?

Manchester has seen a notable increase in London/TFL licensed cars working in Manchester. Are there many in Liverpool? Do you see many Manchester, or Greater Manchester licensed cars, Bolton, Oldham etc etc? . .  And Rossendale cars, there must be a good few surely?

We get all sorts over here and with knowlsey council lifting the knowledge exams lads are coming from all over to be licensed by that council.

We see alot of Tfl also in Liverpool

I personally drop off in Manchester and head back to Liverpool. No need to hang around there in my opinion