danthedriver

Average salary in London vs uber driver

I keep hearing people complaining about Uber but in the same time everybody is waiting for car upgrade, class upgrade, everyone has plans....people queuing to be be on uber platform.

- Do you think if your work in the office  from 9 to 5 Monday to Friday is it going to be better????

To be at 9am at work you heave to leave the house by 8, wake up by 7.

Leave work at 5, getting home by 7pm......so in total 12 hours of your time x5 days = 60 hours for an average £2000/month if you are lucky ( do you think you can afford to pay for your car, diesel and insurance from those £2000???? )

Ok, you have social life after 7pm and in weekends some will say but you can have that with uber as well if your efficient.

- Working for uber 60 hours a week, will generate you £1000 week that is £4000/month, and you can have social life if you are not greedy.....:ph34r:

Working or not for UBer , you still need a car, insurance, fuel...at least Uber will pay for it, be grateful in life B)

You should try the odour at rush-time in the bus or underground, next when you press the AC button inside your car think about.....

STOP COMPLAINING, dont like it then change it but You like it :)

On 23/09/2016 at 10:21 AM, danthedriver said:

I keep hearing people complaining about Uber but in the same time everybody is waiting for car upgrade, class upgrade, everyone has plans....people queuing to be be on uber platform.

- Do you think if your work in the office  from 9 to 5 Monday to Friday is it going to be better????

To be at 9am at work you heave to leave the house by 8, wake up by 7.

Leave work at 5, getting home by 7pm......so in total 12 hours of your time x5 days = 60 hours for an average £2000/month if you are lucky ( do you think you can afford to pay for your car, diesel and insurance from those £2000???? )

Ok, you have social life after 7pm and in weekends some will say but you can have that with uber as well if your efficient.

- Working for uber 60 hours a week, will generate you £1000 week that is £4000/month, and you can have social life if you are not greedy.....:ph34r:

Working or not for UBer , you still need a car, insurance, fuel...at least Uber will pay for it, be grateful in life B)

You should try the odour at rush-time in the bus or underground, next when you press the AC button inside your car think about.....

STOP COMPLAINING, dont like it then change it but You like it :)

I totally agree with you mate, you cant have them all.

I know a guy is a lorry driver, is making around 5k a month, has a nice house, nice car but loads of responsibilities.

Good post, you often forget that working in any office/retail, PAYE job, there are commuting costs and times to consier as well, compared to PH/Uber. How does a say, Zone 1-3 travelcard cost these days?

When I look at my end of year accounts, the profit I make - the amount I pay tax on, doesn't seem at all bad, considering that every motoring expense is covered, including the monthly lease cost of my car. 

On 24/10/2016 at 11:56 AM, LUED said:

Good post, you often forget that working in any office/retail, PAYE job, there are commuting costs and times to consier as well, compared to PH/Uber. How does a say, Zone 1-3 travelcard cost these days?

When I look at my end of year accounts, the profit I make - the amount I pay tax on, doesn't seem at all bad, considering that every motoring expense is covered, including the monthly lease cost of my car. 

I agree, but then again being employed you have a certainty you are going to get the same amount of money every month and you can make plans :(