basescu

Uber loses its licence to operate in London

Mayor of London Sadiq Khan said in a statement: "I fully support TfL's decision - it would be wrong if TfL continued to license Uber if there is any way that this could pose a threat to Londoners' safety and security."

General secretary of the Licensed Taxi Drivers' Association Steve McNamara said: "The mayor has made the right call not to re-license Uber.

"We expect Uber will again embark on a spurious legal challenge against the mayor and TfL, and we will urge the court to uphold this decision.

"This immoral company has no place on London's streets."

Uber has 21 days to appeal.

The current licence expires on 30 September but Uber has 21 days to appeal and can continue to operate until that process expires. 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-41358640

Softbank is apparently ready to spend $10 billion on the deal, but the auction process it's after may value Uber at around $50 billion. Uber's current valuation is about $68 billion, so—although some investors may be keen to cash out after a tumultuous year—the company would have some convincing to do.

Valuation just dropped because of that, Softbank is winning already :)

http://fortune.com/2017/09/15/softbank-uber-discount-investment-valuation/

The opportunity is here, if you pay drivers more than £1 per mile and thereafter not take 30% commission you can retain drivers. Uber has the best product for the consumer who has no worries about the driver who is living out of his car and driving 14 hours a day, 7 days a week ???

I think the industry has moved on a positive direction, disruption welcome !!! :) The giant is wounded

On ‎23‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 1:10 PM, george said:

The opportunity is here, if you pay drivers more than £1 per mile and thereafter not take 30% commission you can retain drivers. Uber has the best product for the consumer who has no worries about the driver who is living out of his car and driving 14 hours a day, 7 days a week ???

I think the industry has moved on a positive direction, disruption welcome !!! :) The giant is wounded

It is but in the same time I can see more than ever new customers in the last days, why? because of all the free advertise from media :):) win win for now

On 30/09/2017 at 12:11 PM, haji said:

THey can appeal until 13 oct and then during the process Uber can function without any problem. The appeal can go on for years....easy as that.

THe thing is TFL is bigger than uber when it comes to revenues gross, nothing compared with Ubers previous local gov fights, this it it for them

But the new CEO is coming to have a chat with them right? I am guessing, everything will be agreed at that time. so no worries here :(